Monday, July 9, 2012

Dear Blogging World,

     I have been thinking about getting my own blog for a while, and I think it is finally time to do so. I have been staring at a white page for quite sometime trying to think of something, anything, to fill the space with just an ounce of black. Then it occurred to me, "Oh self, you had a blog way back in the day. Why not go find it and use it as inspiration?". Seems innocent enough right? Such was my thought as I began searching my brain, attempting to remember the name of the place where I dumped all of my teenage life. 
     I innocently giggled to myself as I searched through the lost battlefield of Xanga until suddenly, I found it. I began scrolling through the endless word-scape that I hadn't seen in so long. I didn't realize how much I had forgotten, until my eyes started frantically scanning across the tales of an old world. Each word acted as a trigger, sucking me right back into that time of insecurity, meekly claimed "normality", and drama. An almost unrecognizable personality typed all of these stories of blind passion, hope, love and personal innovation. I sat in shock as I watched the movie of my adolescence play outside the tiny widows of my blog time machine. Who was this fragile person that had spoken for me so long ago? I saw a few glances of the me I know now, but  I still barely recognized the articulated reflection that sat before me. 
     Gaping into the canvas that glows in front of me now, I try to figure out how I should paint myself. As I move my brush back and forth, I realize that my self portrait has transformed, but it is made up of the same colors that have always defined its detail. I am still working from the same pallet, but the only change is that my technique and skills have become more developed and sophisticated. 
     Stepping away from the artist metaphor for a minute, I would like to add that my writing skills have improved immensely. My eye wouldn't stop twitching after I finished reading my pre-collegiate posts. Now, let's get back to the allegory. 
     I have discovered that I am in a new age of artistry. My prevailing work of art comes to life, and my once girlish eyes gaze upon a masterpiece of the woman that I have become. I now sit back, proud of my work, and anxiously anticipate the years I have ahead of me. By starting this blog, I commission myself to fall in love with me, as I blossom and grow to perfect my mastery. I guess you will just have to come along with me on the journey of my life. Don't forget your umbrella and first aid kit!

    Sincerely,

   Madison Jackson

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I love you! Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much prairie! i worked hard on it! :) love you too!!

      Delete